Friday, June 26, 2009

Just saying.......

Disclaimer: This post in no way puts me on one side of the fence or the other pertaining to Michael Jackson, it purely represents my opinion based on observation of human nature and I was annoyed and thus decided to blog....

Case in point as to why I rarely watch the news. Yesterday was a very sad day for two families who are now both grieving the loss of someone they dearly loved. Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett both passed away on June 25, 2009.

As I watched the news and flipped from station to station the same things were stated over and over by so many people....mostly to do with MJ as they seemed to deem that story way more news worthy. Person after person announcing what a great man he was, how caring he was and how giving he was....and on and on and on. Then it struck me and I felt a little lump in my throat for his family when someone said something along the lines of..."all these people coming forward to sing his praises now but where were they yesterday?" How sad....

I've listened over the years to countless T.V. personalities use all kinds of names to describe him but there is one that I hated the most. On Court TV a certain host whose name shall remain anonymous but it rhymes with fancy face repeatedly referred to him as 'Wacko Jacko' during his trial....over and over and over again....and I thought....okay you've made your point now let it die....how cruel....and about someone you don't even know personally.

I know that everyone has their opinions about him....certainly he has given the impression at times that he is a little loo loo.....but come on....sitting in judgement of someone you have never met and gauging your opinion based only on observation is pretty harsh. Speculation does not prove guilt and people who buy or create 50 million dollar amusement parks aren't necessarily crazy, they're just different.

It's amazing to me how so many people eat everything up in the tabloids like it's always complete truth but never stop to think that there is a real person on the other side of that equation and more than that...there is a family that has to suffer right along with that person while other people use the latest gossip as filler at the dinner table.

All this to say, I wouldn't necessarily say that I was a huge fan of his, but I certainly had no valid opinion about the comings and goings in his life....absolutely he used poor judgement in many areas of his life...but don't we all at times?

I do wonder if so many people that raved on and on about him yesterday were just too weak to stand beside him when he was alive for fear of the judgment that they would have cast upon them by making that choice. What's sadder still is that if all of these people who claim to have loved him so much and who are deeply saddened by the loss had been there when he was alive...perhaps he wouldn't have felt like the lonliest person on earth. Draw your line in the sand and then stand behind it....doing it after someone dies just makes you look really shallow, selfish and stupid.

K I'm done venting.

RIP Farrah and MJ

PS....this rant in no way points fingers at any of those who showed their support in his life. This is my little disclaimer so that if someone stumbles upon this read by googling then you will kindly refrain from suing me for defamation even though I only said one name in a round about way....further more I'm still in protest of that certain Court TV host....just saying.....

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. long live MJ. kaleigh and i used to have full mj days. he was, without question, one of the greatest talents that ever walked the face of the earth.

    shame on the fame that destroyed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts honey...especially the part about the families loss and their love for him. He was someone's little boy, someone's brother....Love you.

    ReplyDelete