Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Say What You Will.....

The other night at the end of a rather emotional day for me, my husband sent me an email....he always seems to know exactly what I need to hear even when I say nothing at all. I read the message and cried and then read it over and over again over the past few days. We have come to this amazing place in our relationship...where it's just okay to be who we are say what we feel. I wish that it hadn't taken so long to get to this place and if I could make it happen so much quicker for my own kids I most certainly would.

Anyways I decided to write a 'What I think' list....mostly for my own weekly dose of self therapy.

What I Think


1. Kindness Matters
2. Life doesn't have a 'Do Over' attachment.
3. Do one thing different today, that makes you better than you were yesterday.
4. Make sure that the people you love...know it.
5. Make sure your kids don't think you love your dog more than them.8)
6. It's okay to tell each of your kids that they are your favorite but not to tell the others.
7. I do think Peace is possible.
8. It's okay that not everyone likes you.
9. It's okay that everyone doesn't need you as much as you want them to.
10.It's okay to say no...and mean it.
11. It's not just about what you do in your life, it's also about who you are in your life.
12. Even if the only things you can bring to a relationship are honesty and showing them your true self....there is one person out there who will decide you are worth it.


I have dialogue with myself on almost a daily basis, little reminders to myself that I'm a grown up, it's my life, my choices, this is me. Sometimes there is definitely fear in that attitude but that passes. I like the feeling that comes in knowing that I'm the boss of me.

Do what you say,say what you mean, mean what you say. This is the mantra that I personally need to try and live by.......I'm still a work in progress.

Please click on the link for a little extra message...and then pass it on. If clicking doesn't work you may need to copy and paste it...but it's worth it.

Happy Tuesday All!

http://swyw.inmusic.ca/watch/kpEJevv3rxnlqLkf6-fvZ5I9vBiUSuOh9DoLZtbbNbk

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! We must have the same thoughts becuase you take the words right out of my mouth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always, profound thoughts...and just a few more reasons why the world will come to love you as much as i!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was excellent honey...I always love your depth....I always love you.
    Aunty Deb

    ReplyDelete