Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Best Parts of Our Lives....

You know how you have those moments when you are laying on the couch or in your bed and your spouse is in the middle of their rant about something and all of the sudden a memory comes into your mind and you burst into laughter? Before you know it you are replaying it over and over again and laughing each time...and sometimes your spouse looks at you like you must be having a conversation in your head with your split personality....okay so anyways...I had one of those moments a few days ago. It's a conversation I've told so many people even though it's so incredibly embarrassing.

The conversation was between Logan and I. Now anyone who knows Logan would also know that he can be pretty serious sometimes and he is also very monotone when he speaks...I truly had no idea the conversation would go like this and wanted the earth to promptly crack open and swallow me whole...I was horrified.

Eight months ago we moved here and the kids weren't incredibly thrilled initially until one fine day when Logan came to me with this....

Logan: "Well....I can sure say that there is one reason why I am so glad we moved to this house."
Mom: "Why is that son?"
Logan: "My bedroom is down the hall from yours and dads..."
Mom: "And?"
Logan: "And in the last house it was underneath yours....and there are just some things that you can't unhear!"

My face felt like it was going to explode....right before I burst into laughter and had tears streaming down my face. Oh my gosh I love that kid!

I started thinking about all those little moments that families have...their inside jokes and secret handshakes and the little things that make them feel connected to each other in ways that are theirs alone. I always try to remind myself that time passes so quickly....don't let the novelty of raising kids ever wear off.

Anyways these snapshots represent just a small portion of all the little things that my family does or says that make me laugh at the most random times in random places.

Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. ~Charles R. Swindoll, The Strong Family

3 comments:

  1. This maybe made me cry and cry. I hate that life makes me put off visits to come see you.

    Love you so,

    Jode

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so good! I laughed so hard...even though I had heard that story before, it was good to hear it again. You have a wonderful family, Lan! We love you.

    ReplyDelete