Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ya know what is not my favorite??

That line up there starting this post was supposed to say Ya Know what I hate but I tell the kids that they aren't allowed to say hate so I have to set a good example.

I need to vent....

Yesterday I was almost in a wreck...okay before I start I should just do a quicky disclaimer..

Disclaimer: This post is purely based on my own opinion and it should be strongly noted that I love my grandparents and other grandparents dearly. Don't be offended.

Okay so people over like 70ish shouldn't be allowed to have a license. Ask me why...so yet again I saw my life flash before my eyes due to an elderly person behind the wheel. If I was the traffic safety...uhmmm....diplomat or whatever that person is called...these are three rules I would add to the list of road rules.

1. If you are over the age of 70 and can't push the gas hard enough to reach a required miles per hour....hand over your license.

2. If you have to look through the steering wheel to see out the front window as opposed to looking over it....hand over your license.

3. If your blind spot encompasses the entire area around your vehicle....hand over your license.

Number 2 in crucial in my mind. On two separate occasions I have been driving behind a vehicle and as I pulled up along side glanced over and then did a double take to see this little teeny tiny pocket size senior citizen behind the wheel with her hands precisely at 10 and 2 as she peered through the steering wheel to see out the windshield...seriously?? I did wonder if her children know she still drives....and how could they possibly rest easy with that knowledge. I know this sounds harsh but if you get to the age where you can't remember how to get back to the house you've lived in since the dawn of time, how can you possibly remember and be able to react quickly to traffic safety issues.

On an up note the little woman behind the vehicle nodded and smiled as she almost pushed me into the cement barrier between the lanes....oh and she waved....let's not do that though....hands on 10 and 2 at all times please.

K so done now....I feel so much better now....mmmm...one more thing....must people take the saying pedestrians have the right of way so literal?? If you feel the heat off my bumper because you opted to head out into oncoming traffic without regard for how close I was to you is that really my fault?? I think not....pffft.

Happy Wednesday all....which BTW is my least favorite day of the week in case you care.

I'm off to do something with the ghetto yard so that the neighbors don't think we are bringing down house values in our area.

2 comments:

  1. I find everything you say sooooo funny! You really should have been a standup comedian because you see the humor is life's ordinary moments. Thanks for the smile, the laugh, the joy you bring all of us! We love you.
    P.S. Remind me when I am 70 if you see me doing anything stupid on the highways honey...but say it with humor.
    Love you, Aunty Deb (and Uncle Dave) xxxooo

    ReplyDelete