Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Broken Glass

My life, this part of my life feels like broken glass...

You look at a piece of glass...so perfectly made, flawless as the sun catches the different edges and colors...and then the glass shatters....fragments and shards scattered all around you...you assume that all of those broken pieces could never be remade....but then....you think of mosaics....tiny pieces put back together to create something beautiful and often it so much more beautiful than the original piece ever was....that is what I believe to be true about myself and my life.

Sometimes you sit so certain in knowing where your life is going and what you are doing and who you are with...but then it changes and you have no choice but to take it all in and breathe and walk through it.

Three months ago when my life started feeling too heavy, I hated being in that place...but now I know...now I can see...that God loves me so much that he knew I needed three months of really hard stuff to get me to this place of strength and I am so thankful for that....

Someone I met the other day, said something that brought me to tears...she said that sometimes it feels like you are in a slingshot being pulled further and further back against the resistance and just when you think you can't take anymore, the slingshot lets go and God propels you so much further than you ever could have gotten on your own...I cling to that now and see the promise in that...because I know that there will be days ahead that will be hard to live in, and so I hold tight to the promise of what is to come. We are the sum of our choices and while I do believe that sometimes there is regret in someone's choices I do also believe that if you are going to make that choice then you need to be prepared to walk all the way through that choice.

To everyone who reads this that knows me and knows my family...I'm asking that you use good judgment in your posts and comments and try to send me private messages if you have something to say. Far beyond my own needs there are others who come first in my life.

Pray for us, for our family that we will be lifted to a place of strength and understanding....and if you could....could you pray for him too....or even just hold him in your thoughts for a moment....this isn't easy for anyone...but it is what it is.

Love you all.

Be so blessed.

1 comment: