Friday, November 6, 2009

Best part of Bananas, Strawberries and Cream Puffs

Ya know what the best part of Bananas, Mini marshmallows,Strawberries,Apples and Cream Puffs is?? Mmmmmmm the chocolate that you can dip them in! I do, I do, I do love chocolate. But when you can find fun ways to eat chocolate it just makes it that much better! I made the kids a quick supper tonight after a day of running around and I was looking in my pantry trying to think of something fun for dessert....then I found the perfect thing.



I grabbed fruit from the fridge, creampuffs from the freezer, mini marshmallows from the pantry and assembled them on a platter...then came....ahhhh....perfection....



Last year I picked up this Little Dipper from Walmart for 7 or 8 dollars and it is perfect for melting dipping chocolate.....so I plugged it in and threw in the chocolate...and waited. It takes next to no time and I called the kids down for their impromptu fondue....Uhhmmm notice what I just did back there <-----------made a cutsy little rhyme. They were thrilled. Kids love it when we do things that make it seem like it's a special occasion even when it isn't or when we make them feel super important at the end of a really busy day. Plus I know it makes them waaaaay love me because they think I worked so hard at it even though I didn't.



I always think that it's stuff like this that they will do someday with their own kids...those little moments that made the day seem a little bigger. Hopefully the boys don't end up with a crappy wife or they will be really disappointed when they realize that I actually was Betty Crocker.

P.S. A certain little girl having a sleep over was very quick to announce that she will definitely be having a fondue at her next birthday...Mara looked at her in shock and disbelief when she said that she had never had one before...I turned my head and laughed...it's sad...I know....too bad we can't all be a Betty.

Anyways Happy Friday all and make sure you do one little something this weekend that makes your kids feel Xtra special!

Quicky Disclaimer: Chocolate should be a sweet addition to fruit on occasion but one should still frequently eat fruits without any accompanying items such as chocolate....blah blah blah!

2 comments:

  1. i just have to say that colby, logan, mara and taya fillion are the luckiest kids in the whole wide world that you are their mother!!! you are amazing. i have always looked to you and your mothering...because you shine!!! i wanna be just like you. =)
    p.s. brielle must never read, see or hear of this event or i will have to cover her mouth with duct tape to make the whining stop. and that would make it look like i've learned nothing from watching you, supermom.
    p.s.s. is there any "left-overs"???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just awesome, honey!!! What a fantastic idea. The problem was that I hadn't eaten anything when I read your blog...and need I say that I was then on a tear around my cupboards and pantry looking for something...anything that remotely resembled your "masterpiece"! All I came up with was some stale crackers and some chocolate chips! But, the good news is that the kids are coming home in a couple weeks, so Uncle Dave and I will go grocery shopping for some good junk food...and fruit of course!!! I love you and was so excited to see some more blogging going on. Loves and hugs, Aunty Deb

    ReplyDelete