Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why are they calling me mother??

Okay soooo.....you know it's bad when you feel like you love your dog more than you love your own children....I know....in the distance I can hear the *gasp* coming from some of my family members....I'm sorry for this brief moment of weakness....

It's just been one of those weeks....my angel faced daughter is soooo hormonal that I feel my head getting hazy when I think of her at 16...she's loud and dramatic and we seem to be swinging between hugging her while she sobs but doesn't know why to her acting like the golden child...I'm tired......the 14 year old...yikes....his attitude these days makes me wish we had spanked them when they were younger so that I could even attempt to get away with it now....he acts like I have two heads sometimes and sadly...I'll admit that he probably is technically smarter than me, which makes it difficult to pull off actual, factual reasons for saying no to some of his requests...thus the reason why I always have to throw out the phrase that therapists every where will hate me for when it's plastered on T-shirts..."The best part of being the mother, is that I have all the power!"...I know...hate me.... and my peach...my 17 year old...uhmmm....I'm tired......sometimes I block them out and slip back in my mind...searching desperately for that tiny little crevice of forgotten memories that I save to facilitate reclaiming my sanity on days or weeks like this.....going backwards in my mind to the place where I am 16 and the biggest worry was what to wear to the designated house party that weekend....*sigh*...I linger there....I can feel my breathing relax, my heart rate slows.....*ahhhhhhh*...life was simple then......and then....it's over...I get smacked back into reality when I can hear someone calling me...for a few seconds while still lost in my alternate universe I wonder why I can hear people calling me mom...and then I remember...I am the mother....

I do love them.....oh so much....but sometimes I wanna be the one to run away from home....

Additionally, as I've said a thousand times....trying to take pictures of the kids is a complete gong show....Logan thinks it's hilarious...then Mara decides he's getting to much attention and starts and then Colby gives decides to get in the action and 30 minutes later we are lucky if one half decent picture emerges....seriously??? How funny can it be 18 pictures later?? Case in point below...in case you're interested.



In other news I'm super dee duper excited because tomorrow and Friday I get to go into someone else's house and organize...and get paid for it to boot!! How fun is that?? Well maybe not to other people but to me.....yep...tonight when I go to bed it will be like I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow and I'll be too excited to sleep....lol....sad I know....that is the Obsessive Compulsive/Addictive Personality Disorder talking....

Reading this back....k it is kind of just a random rambling but I figured that I would write something a little lighter and somewhat un-depressing.....next weeks blog is all "Woman power, sis boom bah, rah rah me" so I decided to insert this one for fun.

Happy Wednesday all!(Two days down, still two to go....bleh)

PS...k I am dying laughing right now because Mara is sitting across from me and Logan walks up to her to help on the computer and I hear her whisper..."Uhmmm I feel like I'm choking...I just breathed in your arm pit stink except it went in through my mouth." to Logan.....ahhhh.....can't ya just feel the love?

1 comment:

  1. Very fun to read, honey. I love you Lanie. All my love, Aunty Deb xxoo

    ReplyDelete